Sunday, March 13, 2011

Stairway to Heaven?

Okay, so I couldn't resist using that title!  Don't hate ;)

Natasha, over at Schue Love, posted a photo of these stairs in her colors for Mardi Gras and I fell in LOVE!  Aren't they amazing?  I was a little obsessed a few years back with painted risers, and am falling in love with this idea all over again.




I believe this one is done using stencils, but this photo had me thinking about all the other possibilities for decorative stair risers. 

(more stencils)




(wallpaper)
What do you think?  Would you consider stenciling or wallpapering your stair risers?  I've been wanting to rip the carpet off of our staircase for a while now and I think this would be a fun addition to an entryway with stairs. 
(all images via google)

6 comments:

  1. Too cute!! If I had stairs, I would totally do that... or, well, have someone help me do it, because I'm not very artistic. I like the first two images best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I LOVE this stairway inspiration! Totally perks up the look of plain old stairs! I sooo wish I had stairs, so I could have fun with a project like this! Thanks so much for the link up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a brand new home with carpeting going up all the stairs..this definitely makes me want to rip it out.....love the numbered stairs...too cute!!!

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my Free People Giveaway!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous are these Rachel?? I really love the black and white floral...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea, my favorites are the yellow risers and the one with the numbers..so cute. I just found your blog, I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete